The Wiese Company is excited to announce our 2018 “Impact in our Community” recipient, Voices Against Violence! For seven years running, The Wiese Company has taken advantage of its unique ability to pool its design-build resources to benefit local organizations in need. To be a true part of the community we believe it is essential to give back. Each year, The Wiese Company, along with our vendors, local businesses and residents, seeks to aid a local organization. Together, we can offer a local charitable organization repairs and design assistance along with much needed improvements to the environment that allows them to perform much needed work in our community.
This year, we are excited to partner with Voices Against Violence, a non-profit located in Framingham, whose mission is to end sexual and domestic violence and empower victims and survivors to help themselves and their children. For our project we will be redesigning and renovating one of their shelter’s kitchens that is in desperate need of updating for a better workflow to accommodate the up to six families who seek refuge in this home.
What is our ambitious and obtainable goal?
- Provide a desperately needed updated kitchen.
- Design a kitchen space that allows multiple families to prepare meals simultaneously.
- Re-organize the flow of the space, breaking it into two individual cooking areas and offering a separate area for breakfast prep for better maneuverability.
- Provide individual pantry areas for more independence and privacy for personal items.
- Fresh paint, new appliances and a more welcoming eating and living area will help bring a more optimistic feel to the space.
Please join us for our fundraiser!
Thursday, May 17 from 6-9pm to share savory bites and wine with food prepared by the very-talented and social-minded, Dora Tavel-Sanchez Luz, a chef and the proprietress of the farmhouse in Needham and Buttercup in Natick Center (opening mid-May). Every event ticket purchased automatically enters you to win one of our two raffle prizes each valued over $1,000 or buy additional raffle tickets for $25 each and increase your chances! 100% of your contribution goes to the purchase of appliances or project materials!